Our society is morally bankrupt. The value of a human life has been degraded to nothing through the things like porn/soft-porn of GGW (Girls Gone Wild),sex traficking and abortion. It all goes together. What we don't understand is that it is like a butterfly effect. One girl flashes her tata's in Lubbock (igniting or fanning the flame of lust in men, a guy in Minnesota buys the video, a guy in Asia kidnaps women and sells them into prostitution, she gets pregnant and is forced to abort. Women are then devalued and feel like the only thing ... valuable about them is their tata's and they start the whole cycle all over again. We need to bring back modesty, human dignity, and value each other because of our inherent value as God's children! Their are haters out there who would say that I'm old fashioned or unfit to talk about this cause I'm fat. But that just proves my point. My value is not in my size 2 or 22 jeans. This is a justice issue at it's core. We must fight for justice in the area of entertainment. ***stepping off soap box now*** :)
The text above is all a quote from my post on facebook yesterday. As I was typing it I was reminded of a couple of weeks ago when I freaked out about the lack of Justice in a the TV show Glee. Now I love me some Glee and feel like it's on par for today's level of morality in America. You've got a token teenage pregnancy, a token gay/sexually confused boy, the vain cheerleaders, etc. In a recent episode, we find Kurt (the sexually confused boy) exploring the idea of redecorating his room to bring in a possible step brother, Finn (the all american boy), whom Kurt has a crush on. Finn repsonded to this situation horribly and made many crude remarks of anti-gay sentiments. Finn was rightly condemned (and I use that word lightly) for being a jerk. The problem though was the show did not adequately convey that Finn was not the only one in the wrong. If you are heterosexual and are put in a situation where you have to share a room with a homosexual that has a crush on you, it's gonna be awkward. For some reason this show felt like it wasn't ok to show that. While Kurt's feelings were glorified because he was being rejected, Finn's feelings were completely ignored. The lack of justice in this issue had me quite frusterated.
So it is with these two issues Girls Gone Wild and Glee, that I find myself being really frustrated by the lack of justice in entertainment. I've gotten quite used to the lack of morality and have reduced the amount of crap that I will watch because of it. But the lack of justice is fire to my rocket. I get hot over that issue. I guess I will always fight for the underdog.
2 comments:
Jill, do you realize that there is an add to purchase the GGW dvd right there on your blog???
not anymore
Post a Comment