In my crazy life these days I am leading and directing two campus ministries, running two different business endeavors, writing a bible study on the book of Esther, trying to spend time with family and friends as well as sleep 8 hours a day and eat healthy. There's no way that I accomplish all of it each day, but life is like math...you round up.
Here's what a typical week looks like for me:
On MWF (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) I teach English to two lovely Korean ladies from 10a-12noon. Then I take a 30 minute lunch. From 12:30-usually 6:30, I am working on a mixture of planning for Chi Alpha/Tech 24-7 campus ministry events and working to build both my business endeavors. Starting at 6:30, I usually meet with 1-2 people for an hour or so. Some of this is fun, some of it is work. Usually by 8:30, I am back at work finishing tasks that I didn't complete earlier in the day. If I'm lucky, I get to get in some writing. Today, I've written two blog posts and not written any for my book. It's now 11:37pm. I have been busy doing something for 13 hours, 11 of them work related.
On Tuesday/Thursday I don't have to be at work till 1 pm. It's great because I can use my mornings to catch up on sleep or run errands. These days it's making Office Depot/Cost-co trips to get prepared for the semester. I work from 1-5 on business/ministry stuff and usually have 2-3 meetings in the evening. I usually get home around 10 pm on these days. Saturday is spent catching up on anything that still needs to be finished, doing laundry, buying groceries, organizing life so that I can start it all again on Monday. I am very intentional in busy seasons like this to rest on Sunday. Sometimes I go to church, sometimes I stay home and watch church on the internet. Sometimes this is when I get a chance to write for my bible study. Sometimes I spend time with family.
I easily spend 50 hours a week working doing ministry and trying to grow two businesses. Usually it's more like 65+ hours a week.
For the last two years I have raised support as a campus missionary through Texas Tech. We used to bring in approximately $1000 a month with which I ran a ministry and 'took a salary'. In the last year, our support has dropped to approximately $500 a month. My businesses are bringing in about $400 per month.
Will you join with me in praying that God will release new finances into my life and the ministries I am leading? I don't care if those finances come through support raising or through new clients for these businesses. Once August is finished, my time will not be stretched so thin. I will be able to cut back to a normal 40 hour per week investment. It's always a struggle, but God has always been faithful and provided for my every need.
Ideally I would bring in $2500 personally plus an additional $2000 per month to cover ministry expenses for both campus ministries. This will cover printing costs, t-shirt production, fall retreats, supplies for CHOP and much more.
If you know of anyone or specifically a church that would be interested in supporting a missionary to Texas Tech, please feel free to give them my name and number. My information can be found at www.txtech247.com or www.xalubbock.com. Both organizations are 501(c)3's and therefore donations are tax exempt.
If you know a small to medium sized business that might need help with an assistant, you can send them to www.essentiallyjill.com. If you know an international student who needs help with English tutoring, you can send them to www.bathanan.wix.com/esltutor.
As with every day, I lay it all down at the foot of the cross and ask him to breathe on all my efforts and multiply them for the glory of His name. Thanks for joining me in prayer! Bless you!
No comments:
Post a Comment