Thursday, April 15, 2010

Lord, if you're listening.....HELP.

I just checked and as of right now, I have just enough money left to pay rent for May and to pay my electric bill.  I've put in several applications for jobs. I took a test yesterday to be a census worker.  Training starts April 26th. It will probably conflict with my school schedule.

I know God is faithful to provide. Maybe I'm feeling to casual about it, and am not desperately plowing the fields. For me this is a tension.  The balance of trusting God to do his part, while not neglecting mine.  It makes me think of the stupid thing you do at camp, when you stand on something high and fall back trusting the people below you will catch you.  So stupid. What that has taught me is that, trust is about blind faith, jumping and believing He will do the rest.  I essentially agree with that.  The problem for me always comes into play that there are other principles that must be learned. For instance a few weeks ago, when the Lord clearly told me to quit spending money.  But I didn't do it. My will got in the way.  So after several trips to sonic, etc....now things are tense.  Plus God is not going to take care of all of my needs, while I'm sitting around being lazy.  And if there was ever a time in my life when it was justified to call me lazy...this is the time.  My post pneumonia reclusive lifestyle has taken laziness to new heights.  If it gratifies my flesh, I'm all about it.  Sleep till whenever, get up whenever, eat whatever, sit and play on the computer literally for hours upon end.

I find it equally amusing, that I'm interested in buying a house for 20K in Abernathy, while I'm unemployed.  I'm not technically unemployed.  Technically I'm self employed.  But my self pays me very sporadically.  Anybody want to host a foreign exchange student?  Or want to take a trip overseas?  Let me know....my self can help you accomplish that.

So....good times. I've once again realized that what I need is a sugar daddy.  Is it sacrilegious to think of God as a sugar daddy?  I would think so too.

I don't know if you've noticed the Amazon ads in my blog, but it's just another way I can make some quick cash.  So if there's a book you're planning on buying from Amazon. Tell me first, I'll write a blog about it and then you can use my link and make me money at the same time.

Ok, that's really all I have to say.  This is starting to get too silly for my own good.

No comments: