Thursday, October 8, 2009

surrender

Do you ever feel like the world is just waiting on monarchs to die? I feel like we are just sitting around waiting for the Queen of England and Chairman Mao and the North Korean dude to kick it, so the next round of political adventures (aka Armageddon) will start. I know that's probably wrong for me to say, but it's a hidden thought. Everybody is just biding their time until this happens.

Sometimes I am so discontented with my life. Particularly as I sit here looking at my very messy house. I feel like I'm strapped into a "insanity jacket". What are those things called? I keep wanting to say life jacket...but that's not right. Or maybe God's trying to tell me something...

I feel inadequate to praise God, to live worthy of His calling, to trust Him completely. I am tired of scheming and manipulating circumstances. I want to trust Him to be God of my life, but man that is hard. That means certain death...to self. And I know it's good. But it's hard.

No comments: